Skip to main content

First 24 hours in camp!



First 24 hours in Nysc Camp...

Honestly, I've always heard about camp but I really wanted to experience it. Luckily for me I was posted to Lagos where I live🤣💃🏾. So normally, it's expected you get to camp as early as possible because registration takes Foreverrrr! Before you get your kits nko?.. 
Let me take you on my own journey. 

I got to camp past 12 with my mum, they didn't let her go in so I had to drag my box, bucket and all myself 😩.. only for me to come inside camp itself (not our rooms tho) and saw people's parents/siblings helping them 😕😕, I almost went back to knock that mans head because I gave my mum money to help me hold and I forgot to collect it also 😩 (Double Wahala). 

I really wish I had gone for camp before writing Purple Rain, I'd have been more detailed. Anyway, I got in, the woman started shouting at us immediately that we are doing like kindergarten just because we didn't hear what she was saying 😩, she told us to go upstairs. The funniest thing about this my own camp is that I feel awkward I'm not married (Lmao😂), Almost everyone is wearing a ring and pregnant or nursing. Tho most of them went home sha. So after that I picked my bed, looked around if I liked my room mates😊they seemed okay and we are 3 Damis in the room LOL  but out of 28 about 22 are married or more 😂and I look older than them smh. One even told me she has 2 kids and her first daughter is 6, bruhhh if you see her! All these good body me I want it o. I later went downstairs with a 2 other ladies to start registration.  

Foreign students had to sit in a different area. Submitted our call up letter and all the school documents. Lmaoooo the funniest thing there was that there was this U.K. Babe, she didn't have her passport. They told her madam go and bring your passport if not you are not going with this batch she said "noooo its in ma room, gonna tell someone to go pik erup" in her British accent, those men didn't even answer her. I felt for her cos she seemed confused cos they were saying a lot but tbh how are you are foreign student and you wouldn't bring your international passport for registration? Nawa o.

So I later saw my high school classmate. I kept on waving cos I didn't want to scream but she didn't see me and since then I haven't seen her. We proceeded to where we'd get our kits (boots and all nysc clothes), as I was about writing my name one woman was holding her baby and she pumped her breast milk into the baby's feeder, only for me to feel water on my arm and my document, what is this?????? BREAST MILK! 
"So sorry aunty, Please abeg, I'm sorry" she said.
I just looked at her and said no problem but God knows I was tired already there. 
We sat for over 2 hours for our kits in my platoon to arrive. I can't explain how people rush to collect kits but if you are MuMu ehn, you'd sleep there. So one lady Lmaooo I think she's just coming from abroad too, 
standing and pointing that's where I am, no one answered her. I didn't say anything, waited for me to be in front then she tapped me and said "I'm after the lady beside you, kindly move".. I looked at her and said what? You are standing and you are picking seat, we that we are struggling for seat we have 4 heads abi? I hissed. Didn't even answer her because I wasn't even in the mood, people supported me from the back "wetin dey do am", "abeg aunty go siddon" etc, I just had to laugh. This moving process one girl moved her chair and sat on my leg, I screamed and she had the guts to tell me you didn't have to shout? Can you imagine. Immediately I replied her back, don't talk to me like that please! How do you step on me and you can't even say sorry? She was murmuring with her friend, I didn't care. I eyed her all through, after getting my things as I was about entering my room she was coming out "Oh this is your room" she said .. laughing for no reason when she knew she was wrong, I'm like "Yes".. anyway now we are friends 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I can't begin to explain everything but I like that fact that I'm mixing with different people though I'm not interested in making close friends because they end up breaking my HART! ... I'll just enjoy the moment. 
My room mates find me kind of hilarious, the room leader came to meet me if I could take her place I said nope because I'm not patient enough to deal with all these mums in the room. I no want fight! I'm so playful that I brought out purple rain and they said it's a lie you didn't write it till they saw my pic at the back. The left side of my room is Igbo 100% while the right side is Yoruba. Only like 4 people speak English frequently, I'm tired. A fight happened, someone moved someone's bed to put hers there. They kept on shouting while me and another girl were laughing. One later got angry and left the room sha. They said we must always wear our white white, no mufti if not you are in soup. There are 3 muslims in my room that cover their whole body Lol. I made friends with one to ask her questions she ended it with "Dami is so inquisitive ehn" I said I know. She said she can't open her hair at all only for her husband and many other amazing things. Hmm did I forget to say that our kits weren't our size? We must exchange with someone. I had to exchange my trouser and tennis because it was too small. And to adjust anything is 1000 in camp. Every thing is just expensive tbh.

Light out came at 10:30, people were still moving and all when we heard a bang on the door "Open this door now!!" .. one of the nysc officials. "Everyone sleep, I don't want to see any phone light or torch if not it'd be seized! What kind of rubbish is this", as usual na someone people wanna show themselves. Someone was busy exchanging words with the woman 😩she begged at last. Agidi for no reason smh. 

We slept past 11 cos my room ehn, one babe has speaker and we were listening to jams. 2 hours later I'm hearing water sound. Ha! Is it time to wake up already? I asked for the time the girl said 1:30, I just hissed. Imagine people were bathing that early. Me that I woke up 3:30 to bath, we all still dressed together in fact I was ready because some funny ladies were doing makeup😩😂🤣

We dressed up and we heard whistle sound... "Fall Out".. we heard. We ran to the parade ground, not small run o if they hit you ehn and it was dark so who are you posing for? Abeg rub anyhow, Lmaoo the guy at my back was making jest of the soldier 😩they told him to go and do frog jump. The most interesting thing about Lagos camp is when we are doing the exercise, there'd be music. We were still nagging and all till we heard "Oya wo"😂😂😂.. the exercise turned to play. Then we did devotion. Then exercise, bruhhh don't come here if you aren't strong. We stood from 4 till 7:20. My legs were on fire, I've been siting down since we left that parade ground o don't know how some girls are still going all around. I haven't even been able to communicate with my friends because there's no socket in the room, you have to go and meet mama something to charge your phone #50Naira .. camp life is just so different. It's like we are back in secondary school with strict house mistress and all but the blend of meeting new people and been far from home for a while is okay. 

lol so many people can't open their body, they are scared. I asked one of them if she had been to hostel before but she said no. I said I wonder. Also they said we should be careful, they stole 31 phones in December. Hmmm your waist pouch must be your bestie o!
Also guys gossip a lot. Lmaooo the 2 guys at my back were making jest of one slay mama that did full makeup this morning. She legit contoured and all, how did she do all that before we woke up? I'm still feeling sleepy and I can't just wait For February 5😂😂😂. I didn't bother collecting the food card because people are just too much and my friend said it's not so nice. Mami market is 100%.. everything you want is there. As you are losing weight on parade ground, you are gaining it back in mami market because you are spending your money. Tomorrow is  swearing in, anyone that comes after today wouldn't be able to serve with this batch till April. Tomorrow there'd be makeup and all because of official nysc photo etc. apart from tomorrow, I doubt if I'd ever wear makeup in this camp. Well, Till then... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New year + Goodnews!!

Happy new year everyoneeeeee. Am happy most of us made it to 2016,i hope God keeps us till 2017 and many more years to come.  i have been away for a while almost a month, was feeling very lazy to post at first then things started coming up like my Aunty had her introduction and court wedding, happy it all went well, may be when the official pictures come i would post them IF SHE AGREES, i actually wanted to take a week break or two from my phone then it spoilt in the process so everything just happened at once. My friends and some random people would message me to ask why i haven't posted anything etc, sorryyy. This new year 2016, i want to carry people along very well, i want to use my blog more, i want people to know more about me and i intend to help people in the nearest future. 2015 was quite tight for me because of the random things that took over but am glad towards the last days of December 2015, God answered one of my prayers since February 2015 and i know he w

Independent woman!

I don't blog on Sunday's but I had to just put up this story and I want it to get to as many people as possible so because of that, there wouldn't be any story up until upper week :).   Every day of my life since have been growing into a woman, I have always imagined myself as a very strong and independent woman. I don't like depending on people at all, I hate it! If you ask my parents am sure they would tell you, i just love to do things on my own because that brings no dissappointment.. Parents dissappoint, friends dissappoint, even partners and siblings dissappoint the only person that doesn't dissappoint is God and I know he has my back. Growing up has shown me so many things and how people can be, it's even the ones that you really love deeply that start showing you that you don't really mean anything to them, some wouldn't even want to talk to you because you probably forgot to message or something and it's even worse because you even ask peopl

Faith!

 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen. I see this topic raised as a religious topic because God is really amazing! When I say amazing I mean AH-MAI-ZING! Over the week, I was at the Holy Ghost congress , spiritually. I listened to what Pastor Adeboye said, it made me so amazed that indeed God works! He gave many examples about having faith when you need something from God because faith is stronger than you think. He said there was a woman, she was already looking half dead, the doctors have already told her that she wouldn't make it and she would die within a few days, he said she told her daughters " take me to the church" her daughter replied and told her mummy no one is in church, the pastor isn't around today, she said "God is there, just take me there" .. After they've spent a lot of money on healing etc when she got into the church, no one was there, she told them to take her to the alter, and she held the pilla