Skip to main content

God came through for me! OluwaJomiloju, Oluwadamiloun!


Good morning friends! 

This morning I woke up with a very thankful heart, I don’t really know why but I’m very thankful for everything. 
I was listening to Sinachs “Great Are You Lord”...
That song always shows me how great God is, for real. I remember sometime in December, I woke up that morning and I listened to this song and I cried, serious cry that my sister jumped up.. “Sister Damilola, what is it?”, “what happened?”, “talk to me please”...
This was around 6am. I was just frustrated, I planned my book launch in just 3-4 weeks, I didn’t even know where the money was going to come from but I just had faith. I’ve realized that sometimes you just really need to cry to release those heavy burdens from your heart, after that you’d feel so relieved. 

I was crying because my book launch was coming and I didn’t even have any place to get money, I was literally waiting on God. My mum will be like “hmmm hmmm, o ba ti nisuru”.. but really I just wanted to do it so I could put out my next book as a graduate regardless of how anything goes. Also, my friends were around, I wanted them to be there at the launching because most of them don’t live or school in Lagos or even Nigeria. But the first decision I made was that I’m cutting cost so I’m cutting things too. If I had invited adults (mummies and daddies) and guys too, I’d need to get a bigger hall etc so I just cut my coat according to my size. That really helps a lot. 

That same week, hmm I got a sudden 100,000 from someone that I haven’t even sold anything to. She gave me, she didn’t borrow me o, she gave me. Is God not great? I told him that day, I want you to show me how great you are and he did it. 

This thing is not a matter of how people see what you are doing it’s a matter of doing what you really want to do regardless of how people think it is. God can’t just give you a talent for no reason to be very honest. Make use of it, little by little you’ll keep climbing and just one thing will take you to where you want so as for me, I can never give up. As much as people don’t love to read, there are also some people that love to read! Always think like that, this is for people that want to do something but are seriously bothered about how people think. 

A week to the book launch, both drink and water I was confused. I didn’t even know what to do, it was too late to cancel. I was legit depressed, I was always thinking but I don’t really know how to show people that side of me so I was always talking normally to my friends just maybe 2 of them knew. I had gone to see my friend in her house, wanted to drop her #PurpleRain top for her. I told my mum to wait for me because she went to hospital around that area but for some reason I was gisting with my friends Mum (I love that woman ehnn), and to be very honest my phone didn’t ring out. 20 minutes later I saw 15 missed calls, I called my mum back and she said she had been calling me because she was leaving. “Mummy, where are you now?” I said. “I’ve gotten home”. I was sad because I didn’t take any money along with me. Asking my friend for money wouldn’t have been a problem either but I didn’t want to because she was always paying for my Uber anytime I go to her house. I was still sad, she asked what happened then I explained, she said don’t worry. 
“Come in, my big sister is calling you”.. my friend said.
“Dami, I heard you are doing a book launch, please take this money and help me manage it” her sister said.
1000 naira new note and she just brought it out of her bag without counting. 
Haaaaaaaaaa! Imagine how I felt, I almost knelt down to say thank you o. 

Imagine if I had gone home? I’d be in my room still thinking of money. Sometimes God delays you or disappoints you for a reason o. Thank God I didn’t follow my mum home o.
Anyway I used the money to round up things I needed to do, and my friend still gave me money for Uber. God is just great!
It wasn’t perfect like what I wanted but I’m sure next time would be much more better.

I’m extremely grateful to God for listening to me and allowing my request to turn into reality. That’s huge. At 22, I can proudly say Ive created two amazing books. Also to all my friends that came, read it, bought more and also the ones that supported me, I don’t take it for granted at all. Thank you very very much. I’m grateful.

ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT SOMETHING? Challenge God to do it for you and give him something in return. Faith is also very important, I didn’t know where I’d get the money to even give the printer talkless of doing a book launch but see God? I had faith, I was broken at some points but I didn’t let it shatter my heart. God came through. Oluwadamiloun. Jesu Mo dupe o. 

Greater things ahead! Have a nice day Fam!!

P.S - Please get my book #PurpleRain on #Okadabooks or just message me directly for a copy. It’d be available in some book shops next week also, I’ll update everyone. Thank you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New year + Goodnews!!

Happy new year everyoneeeeee. Am happy most of us made it to 2016,i hope God keeps us till 2017 and many more years to come.  i have been away for a while almost a month, was feeling very lazy to post at first then things started coming up like my Aunty had her introduction and court wedding, happy it all went well, may be when the official pictures come i would post them IF SHE AGREES, i actually wanted to take a week break or two from my phone then it spoilt in the process so everything just happened at once. My friends and some random people would message me to ask why i haven't posted anything etc, sorryyy. This new year 2016, i want to carry people along very well, i want to use my blog more, i want people to know more about me and i intend to help people in the nearest future. 2015 was quite tight for me because of the random things that took over but am glad towards the last days of December 2015, God answered one of my prayers since February 2015 and i know he w

Independent woman!

I don't blog on Sunday's but I had to just put up this story and I want it to get to as many people as possible so because of that, there wouldn't be any story up until upper week :).   Every day of my life since have been growing into a woman, I have always imagined myself as a very strong and independent woman. I don't like depending on people at all, I hate it! If you ask my parents am sure they would tell you, i just love to do things on my own because that brings no dissappointment.. Parents dissappoint, friends dissappoint, even partners and siblings dissappoint the only person that doesn't dissappoint is God and I know he has my back. Growing up has shown me so many things and how people can be, it's even the ones that you really love deeply that start showing you that you don't really mean anything to them, some wouldn't even want to talk to you because you probably forgot to message or something and it's even worse because you even ask peopl

Faith!

 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen. I see this topic raised as a religious topic because God is really amazing! When I say amazing I mean AH-MAI-ZING! Over the week, I was at the Holy Ghost congress , spiritually. I listened to what Pastor Adeboye said, it made me so amazed that indeed God works! He gave many examples about having faith when you need something from God because faith is stronger than you think. He said there was a woman, she was already looking half dead, the doctors have already told her that she wouldn't make it and she would die within a few days, he said she told her daughters " take me to the church" her daughter replied and told her mummy no one is in church, the pastor isn't around today, she said "God is there, just take me there" .. After they've spent a lot of money on healing etc when she got into the church, no one was there, she told them to take her to the alter, and she held the pilla