Skip to main content

Shared Story!

As promised last week, I have started blogging again this week! And this is a story a friend sent to me. Feel free to share with others and try to read and understand. 



read my sister Damstar previous blog post and I thought I should share this for the married women and the single ladies too so they can pick one or two things from it. 

There was one day my mom sold a shoe to my neighbour. She liked the shoe and all and she even paid already. Then that night, my mom received a call from her that 'Her husband said she should return the shoe because she didn't seek his consent'. My mom was dumbstruck! Like she hadn't heard something like that in her life. The next day, the lady came with the shoe and said that her husband even asked her to return it that night that she can only wear or use anything he buys for her yet she's working. She's a good fashion designer that makes good cash! So I asked myself; "What should she use her money for?" If she wants to buy anything, she has to tell the husband beforehand. She can't make any decisions on her own. 

So there's this woman I know and she was telling me about the money she has personally and I was shocked! I asked her 'how?' and she was laughing saying 'Who will want to be a liability to her husband?' She has her own business and her own profit. Even if her husband gives her money and he needs out of the money he gave her, he would still ask her to borrow him and he'd def refund it so my her husband lost his job and for the first months, he was broke. His wife's business covered up for his household until he started his new business now. That's the advantage of a wife's job in the family. If you are reading this and your husband is stopping you from working, sit him down! Explain the advantage. This is a 21st century world where a lot of things need money in other for it to be successful. Don't fight with him. Pray about it. 

Don't be a woman that needs a man, depends on a man and can't do anything without a man. Be a woman a man needs! Yes we can do it, it is possible. #GirlPower

Well left to me,I got so many replies from my previous story both good and bad and I would still forever stand on my word that always try to have your own if you have the opportunity. Because I wonder why a man should tell his wife to go and return the shoe she bought because of whatever reason.  I just pray God helps everyone of us so we can achieve our purpose on earth. 

#DamStar ✨🌟💫

Twitter & Instagram: damstar_  

Comments

  1. Hmmmm,that's serious,in this age and time.my dear I can't be waiting on one man to do everything for me ooo,I did not go to school and struggle to come and sit with one man and be seeking his permission before I even buy chocolate for me or my kids.ko joor.it is well

    ReplyDelete
  2. God forbid such an archaic minded man!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally! - Am A Writer & Author

i came back from school (America) December 2014 hoping to go back as soon as possible but my dad had another plan for me. He wanted me to transfer schools. Different things happened. I had the longest holiday from school in 2015, it wasn't easy for me too many things happened at once but then God doesn't just delay you for no reason, this particular holiday am talking about Birthed "ONCE UPON A TIME"..  I was bored, nothing to do, then I picked up my laptop and started typing. I am grateful to God for making this my dream a reality. From the onset my dad supported me and my mum was my backbone, my siblings would read the story over and over again and say "Sister Damilola you tried".. I never knew I would write a book but I always knew I loved to write, and I had intention of writing scripts and probably sell or give out but i never knew I would do this, right now i have about 3 short stories i have written almost like once upon a time. i had a tough

Independent woman!

I don't blog on Sunday's but I had to just put up this story and I want it to get to as many people as possible so because of that, there wouldn't be any story up until upper week :).   Every day of my life since have been growing into a woman, I have always imagined myself as a very strong and independent woman. I don't like depending on people at all, I hate it! If you ask my parents am sure they would tell you, i just love to do things on my own because that brings no dissappointment.. Parents dissappoint, friends dissappoint, even partners and siblings dissappoint the only person that doesn't dissappoint is God and I know he has my back. Growing up has shown me so many things and how people can be, it's even the ones that you really love deeply that start showing you that you don't really mean anything to them, some wouldn't even want to talk to you because you probably forgot to message or something and it's even worse because you even ask peopl

The spirit of STINGINESS!

I have watched serveral movies and read different stories and even heard different ones. So am going to share one of it today.   Somepeople are so stingy like I can't explain, it's very sad because me if I like you I can do anything for you and if I don't and I see you need help I would do it but somepeople are self centered with anything, if you ask them for somethig they would always give excuse, I have people am very close to that are like that, they are nice but they are stingy and am sure they even know. What's there to help if you have? Ordinary 1000 somepeople have but they would still cut it to 500 naira 😑, somepeople are even from very rich homes but they would still minimize their life. If i don't give you, believe me it's because I don't have and if I have i would try my best to do one I can. And to stingy people, your reward is coming . There was a man and his wife, they were stingy to the core, asin they were so stingy that if they fart and the