Skip to main content

Independent woman!

I don't blog on Sunday's but I had to just put up this story and I want it to get to as many people as possible so because of that, there wouldn't be any story up until upper week :).  
Every day of my life since have been growing into a woman, I have always imagined myself as a very strong and independent woman. I don't like depending on people at all, I hate it! If you ask my parents am sure they would tell you, i just love to do things on my own because that brings no dissappointment.. Parents dissappoint, friends dissappoint, even partners and siblings dissappoint the only person that doesn't dissappoint is God and I know he has my back. Growing up has shown me so many things and how people can be, it's even the ones that you really love deeply that start showing you that you don't really mean anything to them, some wouldn't even want to talk to you because you probably forgot to message or something and it's even worse because you even ask people that you can confide in for things and then they just either stop talking to you or they start looking at you like you don't have anything, when they could easily say they don't have or they can't give you . (One of the reasons I hate asking people for things)

As I write this, am just thinking, I use to tell my mum that I don't ever ever want to depend on my husband for anything that has to do with my personal life, it's okay for him to pay my kids fees and give me money to take care of them but I want to have my own!!! My mum would reply me with "that means you don't want to be submissive" .. In my mind am just like that's bullshit for me because I have seen situations where by mothers ask their husbands for things and it becomes a big issue, I go to my friends house very well and I know it happens a lot everywhere. 


Why can't I strive to have my own? Why do people especially Africans believe that you must depend on your husband for everything? Somepeople just want to be rich and be very lazy with their duties. By the special grace of God I would have my own, I would even be able to take care of my kids because even when your husband starts to see that you are depending on him for everything he just starts taking you for granted, obviously nobody wants a liability as a wife but if you are hardworking and committed to your work he can't say shit the only thing he would do is to cheat on you and in this 21st century you have to pray because all This guys ehn ..  I don't pray my husband cheats on me, I don't pray to marry someone that is not well to do and I don't even ever in my life pray to marry someone that would tell me not to work! For what reason Pls? Why should a man tell his wife not to work? It's okay if the lady says it herself abi ewo wa Ni ti okunrin ni be?

I have seen several situations where by the husband passes on or doesn't have a job any more then everything goes back to square one when they both know that if the woman was working it wouldn't have been that bad! 

Guess what inspired this topic today? Linda ikeji's house. 
A woman bought over 500million naira house on her own without the support of a man? It's not about the money now because fortune can come at anytime. It's about her passion and drive for success !! Please you don't have to marry a billionaire to have what you want! I seriously think of how someone would go and open her legs just for money? God forbid. Some ppl don't wanna do it but the situation in this Nigeria can push some ppl but I pray God wouldn't let us fall into such category and also I pray God wouldn't stop helping us. 
 So many of my friends have the mentality of getting married to rich men because they don't wanna work but you know what? They are still gonna pay for it.  Work for what you want! I am not saying am crazy about the money no am not, am saying she did it from her sweat with only God! I don't even want to know how she got the money all I know is that she didn't steal like some ridiculous politicians, she worked for it just as a simple celebrity blogger! 
At times I don't like the way she carries some news but at the other hand she's also doing what she wants which is her passion! 



Personally I would have loved her to  wait a little till when shes about to get marry before buying such because men are very crazy at times, some would be avoiding her because they think she would control them and some would be wanting her because she has money. But who knows maybe she's planning to get married already? And also that doesn't still matter, no matter where you are in this world, no matter your situation your husband is your husband! No one can settle with your own husband and have peace, so she would get married at her own time. Because if God can do that for her how much more husband? Lol


Honestly speaking I am not desperate, Pls pls don't get me wrong, if you know me well you just know I want to make it on my own to be very successful without the help of any man, I just look at some of my friends they go "my boyfriend said he would buy this for me and buy that for me", I mean it's a very good thing for your partner to shower Richies on you but don't be depending on it. 


Ladies stand up! Do your own thing! Don't depend on any damn man! I just look when I hear "okunrin lo Lori" like a man is the head, who said? Why are women so under rated? I wouldn't fall into that category in Jesus name, I don't want to be ridiculously rich, I want to be able to point at something and say it's from my sweat and Gods help not any body's help!! I would respect my husband in future, and be submissive but I must work hard for my own and have something to fall back on rather than siting and letting one "man" or anyone to come and be doing everything for me! 

This topic is for single ladies mostly, you still have time to check your race and reset your steps so that you can have your own thing, don't depend on marrying a rich man, sometimes it's the woman that even supports the man. With the help of God every lady out there, working on building her future for the betterment of herself and kids and husband, may God crown your efforts with sucess. Don't under rate yourself, if it's your passion, go for ittttttttt! So help us God!

Pls don't get me wrong, I am not saying a woman should go and work and come back at night no! Am saying don't say any woman shouldn't work, it's fine if she says it herself, that's her cup of tea but no man should tell a woman not to work because of the kids, when the child starts school and after day care at least the mother should be back like 4/5 pm that's what I mean. Am not saying go and over work as a woman o! Just follow your dreams and aim for good things and one thing is don't be crazy about fortune, it can come and go, just make sure you invest and have your own personal belonging.  
Please share with any female out there, we can make it on our own too! Thank you! 

Twitter & instagram: damstar_
 #DamStar๐ŸŒŸ❤️








Comments

  1. I really appreciate this post and I'm glad that you think this way. When I'm saying this at home or around my friends that I want to be a person of my own and not depend on anyone,people just look at me like I have a horn on my head. I believe in working for everything I have and by God's grace no man can tell me to sit at home and do nothing after marriage without even considering how many years spent in school prepping myself. Ko jo oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much chinonye! After twenty years in school I would now sit at home? Never boo!

      Delete
  2. It's feels really good to be independent I tell u,to work and earn ur own money,to not be dependent on anyone.there is no greater feeling than that.God help us oo but all in all we must not get carried away and we shouldn't let pride set in and we must never forget our roles and obligations as a woman.thanks....damilola mii๐Ÿ˜š a thousand gbosa for u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sexy mama! My one and only Mama F! My very supportive and all the time big sis!! My God would keep u for me o๐Ÿ’ƒ.. ๐Ÿ‘Šchop Knuckle!

      Delete
  3. You read my mind perfectly ๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sexy and one and only Michelle!!! I love u too much baby girl!! ❤️ Thank you for ur all the time support and understanding!!

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully spoken Sis....I totally agree with u. Women are strong,let no one make us think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zarah girlllllll! I know we talk about our girl power goal all the time, we are gonna make it boo! Thanks alot

      Delete
  5. Preach it sister๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸพAin't nobody depending on no man for basic stuffs #independentworkingclasswoman I love the finer things of life ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. This is such a beautiful and inspirational piece❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BisBis๐Ÿ˜„ my only unique mus/Chris baby girl!! God bless u! Oshe

      Delete
  6. Just my addition to this when your brother sent me this blog I didn't open it cos I was so tired I and your bro finished same school so he knows me so well he knows how rich my dad is but guess what my sponsor for school ain't him...my mom risked her life and brought her money for my school my dad has been saying he can't afford my school he was a former senator of the federal Republic what can't he afford well that's personal issue why are sharing this is dat what miss Damilola fasuba has advised is true my dad married my mom cos she can cook she used to have a restaurant like 17 or 20 years ago my mom has her house her company her cars her money she wasn't really educated cos she wasn't opportune to my dad has a second wife and 7 kids with her my parents are separated but I don't know cos I think I live more large than how I used to well I don't have much time but I'll one day like to share my story with you all GOD bless all the women struggling and GOD make men (us) better husbands in sha ALLAH amin good morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow jamiu, that's so sad but always remember God has a reason for everything, now it's up to u to make ur mum happy and make it on your own too without depending on any of your parents. Find your passion and go for it! God bless u bro ๐Ÿ™Œ

      Delete
  7. There's no other feeling that's better than you been your own inner strength...
    I tell you even men will respect ladies that are independent, personally I have that experience.
    When you eventually get married as a submissive independent lady, theres a solid foundation to build the empire on with the grace of God. Nice one Damstar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My MzTboss! I love ur strength and drive to be very independent. May God bless u for me! Thanks sisy๐Ÿ˜˜

      Delete
  8. Atlas!! Someone that reasons like me!! You said it all baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful piece here darling! Thanks for the inspiration sister, you taught me almost all the things i know! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well said sis! It's funny how a girl spends 16+ years studying(Nigeria's system of education. Medical students spend more btw) and one more year serving the country yet they get married and are restricted. I've seen cases where the boyfriend says d girl can work and when they get married, he reverses his statement. There are a lot of women around me that supports the home and even their husband cos they are working! Don't let anyone fool you(us). Yes you can, we can #Girlpower #IndependentFemaleWorker. God bless you for this Damstar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. KING SheedaCuppy19 October 2015 at 14:57

    Wow! This write up is everything to me right now *y* may God increase you in wisdom and understanding...Have been independent for a long time and i wont fall into "Okunrin lo lori" catee amen! Big ups to you doll. *y* #StrongG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well said and beautifully written...
    However, one advice: don't do life with such preconceived notion that men are just out to get women and all that... Let God pick your future husband for you, seek Him first and all other things shall be added according to is plan AMD purpose for your life..!! Personally I don't think about marriage and all that follows or whatever it entails.. I have no business thinking about it.. Because, what if God has called me to a life of singleness? Think about it!!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finally! - Am A Writer & Author

i came back from school (America) December 2014 hoping to go back as soon as possible but my dad had another plan for me. He wanted me to transfer schools. Different things happened. I had the longest holiday from school in 2015, it wasn't easy for me too many things happened at once but then God doesn't just delay you for no reason, this particular holiday am talking about Birthed "ONCE UPON A TIME"..  I was bored, nothing to do, then I picked up my laptop and started typing. I am grateful to God for making this my dream a reality. From the onset my dad supported me and my mum was my backbone, my siblings would read the story over and over again and say "Sister Damilola you tried".. I never knew I would write a book but I always knew I loved to write, and I had intention of writing scripts and probably sell or give out but i never knew I would do this, right now i have about 3 short stories i have written almost like once upon a time. i had a tough

The spirit of STINGINESS!

I have watched serveral movies and read different stories and even heard different ones. So am going to share one of it today.   Somepeople are so stingy like I can't explain, it's very sad because me if I like you I can do anything for you and if I don't and I see you need help I would do it but somepeople are self centered with anything, if you ask them for somethig they would always give excuse, I have people am very close to that are like that, they are nice but they are stingy and am sure they even know. What's there to help if you have? Ordinary 1000 somepeople have but they would still cut it to 500 naira ๐Ÿ˜‘, somepeople are even from very rich homes but they would still minimize their life. If i don't give you, believe me it's because I don't have and if I have i would try my best to do one I can. And to stingy people, your reward is coming . There was a man and his wife, they were stingy to the core, asin they were so stingy that if they fart and the